Useful Information (FAQ)
Frequently asked questions and answers
1. Can I travel to Serbia with a Maltese ID?
- No. For a trip to Serbia you need a valid passport.
2. Do I need a visa for traveling to Serbia?
- No. You do not need a visa to travel to Serbia, but you are limited by the the remainder of the 90th day. Before the expiration of 90 days you have to leave Serbia.
3. When do I come to Serbia, do I still have some documents obligations that I have to fulfill?
- Yes. And this is a very important!
A foreigner not using official accommodation or staying with a private individual must register his/her stay and change of address with the local police station within 24 hours of arriving at the place of residency or of the change of address. A place of residency is where a foreigner intends to stay for more than 24 hours. If you are staying at the hotel, ask on reception. It `s very important to keep this document until you leave border of Serbia.
4. Does the Republic of Malta have an embassy in Belgrade, Serbia?
- Unfortunately not. The nearest Maltese Embassy is located in Rome, Italy.
5. I lost my passport in Serbia. What to do?
- Contact the embassy in Italy:
Embassy of Malta
Lungotevere Marzio, 12, 00186 Rome
Phone: +39 06 6879990
6. What is the name of the official air carrier in Serbia?
- Air Serbia
7. What is the price of a taxi from the airport to the center of Belgrade?
- Max. 20eur.but even less.
8. What is the price of a taxi from the airport to Novi Sad?
9. Is there a bus transfer from the airport to the center of Belgrade?
А1 Mini bus: Route: Airport ‒ Slavija Square (Kralja Milutina Street) ‒ Airport
Ticket price - RSD 300 (on the bus)
Approximate travel time - 30 minutes
Public Transportation Line 72: Route: Airport-Zeleni venac Square
Ticket price - RSD150 (if purchased on the bus)
Approximate travel time - 30‒40 minutes
10. Do people in Serbia speak English?
- Yes. Of course.
More info about traveling to Serbia, please find here.